Friday, February 1, 2008

Stood Up

Take me to where greatness lives
He was supposed to come over and inspire me today
He taunted me instead
That spiteful little politician
He slips around hiding behind other people’s faces
Never my own
He makes certain I know he’s there
He’s busy giving just enough
To remind me I’m not enough
He deals in illusion— allusion
The brochures are free
But he stood me up yet again
I’m pretty sure he’s laughing about it
Or maybe he just decided to nap instead
So, take me to where greatness lives
I want to have a word with him
Maybe more
Then we’ll find out who the real coward is
He has some explaining to do
Wrote this poem yesterday. Thought I would share it here. Was a little frustrated with the way a creative project was going. Anyone else ever feel this way?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I feel this way often. Fighting to stay awake to produce that little piece; words few will read and maybe produce some inspiration. Great poem though!

Atromitos said...

I found greatness one day; woke up in the morning and he was gone.
Seems like he has to be pursued every day.

Dr. Pam said...

greatness - oh, great vanity of narcissism ... yes, I chase the wind and only end up with mussed hair and a frazzled soul. Could it be that good enough could be good enough? oh, great insult to narcissism ... perish the thought!

Nice poem ... not great, just nice. ;-)

Janay said...

Funny... I just prayed about something like this 30 minutes ago and then decided to check your blog. I asked God to forgive me for thinking there is this someone or something with this ideal knowledge and perfection who is able to and seemingly does discount and discredit my current thoughts and actions. I had to tell God that He is my one and only who does love me regardless but disciplines me to sharpen my faith and skills for the highest purpose. It is His character name. Thanks for the poem!